Friday 16 September 2011

Ode to a teacher!!!


At crossroads stood the boy
Strife strewn and confused,
One end lay conformity supreme
Dreams at the other side extreme
At every step the expectations piled
Dream on my child, dream on my child

One comes across seldom
A person so severe yet so tender
And the gift greatest she gave
In victory and defeat to behave
Not despair nor celebrate wild
Dream on my child, dream on my child

Preparing to make in a world mark
Of possibilities glorious and misses gory
The hand that guided in uncertainty dark
Instilled courage in those days hoary
Belief that no dream was ever mild
Dream on my child, dream on my child

Every day our deeds did you tire
When words failed even action awaited
Yet you never ceased to inspire
You were the beacon that never abated 
How I wish I could turn back the clock
Thank you for everything my teacher, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment