Thursday 15 September 2011

A Beautiful Day.... wasted!!!

In the partial darkness of dawn
From deep slumber I once again rise
As the sun threatens to break the hold
Of the night cold my lips concede
A smile for the promise of a day
A beautiful day indeed

Armed with the fury of a man possessed
The conflagration that comes from within
Up and about for the day ahead
Perspiring and toiling hard I prepare  
Brimming with energy and youth
And the poise that experiences feed

Brings the 1st shot of caffeine
Attention to any hint of forbearance
Followed by another that interrupts
The monotony of the listless hour
Indulged again in chores trivial
I wait and wait for the eternal deed

With the strength of the sun weakening
I forbid hope to forfeit in despair
And the prospect of a brighter morrow
More hope and strength I borrow
Reminiscing about how sweet hard days tasted
This was, after all, just another beautiful day, wasted

No comments:

Post a Comment